Hire Cause Fellowship
Professional Development Through Civic Engagement
Learning Through Doing
20% teacher content, 80% student action through a real world project. You can't learn how to ride a bike by reading a book and you can't learn the social and emotional skills you need to lead by simply listening to a lecture.
Coaching From Outside Academia
Students will be coached by business leaders and professionals from different careers.
Students will use professional skills to serve
non-profits. Student's have already raised $40,000 for non-profit organizations.
The 5 Skills That Will Give You A Meaningful Edge For Succeeding In College, Your Career, and Your Community
According to a LinkedIn survey of over 4,000 employers, employers listed the following 5 skills as the most desirable, but hardest to find: (Note that these social and emotional skills have nothing to do with how well you take a test)
1. Creativity - While robots are great at optimizing old ideas,organizations most need creative people who can conceive the solutions of tomorrow.
2. Persuasion - Having a great idea, product, or platform is one thing, but the key is persuading people to buy into it.
3. Collaboration -As projects grow increasingly more complex and global in the age of AI, effective collaboration only grows more important.
4. Adaptability - An adaptable mind is an essential tool for navigating today’s ever-changing world, as yesterday’s solutions won’t solve tomorrow’s problems.
5. Time Management - A timeless skill. Mastering time management today will serve you the rest of your career.
The problem is that employers are too busy to teach these skills in any internship, and you can only learn them through practice.
That's why Hire Cause is needed.
Your Fellowship Project
You will not be getting coffee or shuffling papers in the Hire Cause Fellowship. Your project will be to partner with a business in your community to raise awareness and money for the charity of your choice. Here's what you will be doing over the course of the five weeks and more of the invaluable skills we will cover through this project-based-learning program.
Choose your charity and set your fundraising goals
(Goal setting, Empathy, Time Management, Growth Mindset)
Find your business partner in your community
(Collaboration, Persuasive Verbal and Written Communication, Relationship Building)
Create your fundraising event
(Creativity, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Organizational Skills)
Promote your event
(Influencing others, Empathy, Adaptability)
Present your work
The tuition for the fellowship program is $1,250 for the 5 weeks, thanks to generous companies in the Hire Cause network who will be sponsoring the other half of the program cost.
*Scholarships are available. Please visit the FAQ page for further information.
Regular Application deadline: January 11, 2019
Acceptance date: January 18, 2019
Program start date: March 5th, 2019
Program end date: April 4th, 2019
Summer Dates Will Be Released Soon!